Monday, April 8, 2013

Crucible Project Cult? Part 4 of 13: Authenticity & Reality

The next characteristic of cult behavior I'll examine: 
4) They sometimes foster pseudo-authenticity and pseudo-reality

Crucible Project: Authenticity and reality.
Um, pesudo-what?

Pseudo is so….specific.

Authenticity
Crucible Project Weekend Retreat Authenticity
Authentic? Ask a man who has attended the weekend.
Staff share from their hearts on the weekend. The men I know well have been truthful when sharing,
whether as staff or participants. I've been authentic on weekends when I've attended and I'm challenged to share authentically when I see other men tell me the truth, even when the want to say something dishonest in order to look good. In my mind, that is authentic, not pseudo-authentic.

There's no incentive for pseudo-reality (a.k.a. making things up). I heard a friend say years ago that making things up is too much work for weak emotional theater. 

Reality

This isn't mind control; there is no pseudo-reality involved. The sky is still blue (well, gray in Chicago most of the time), there are no aliens, drugs, or mind-altering substances involved on the weekend. While I know some Crucible Project guys who know a lot about science & physics, they're not trying to bend those things on the weekend. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment