Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Crucible Weekend: Staffing

I got an email yesterday from a man I know. He went to The Crucible Weekend years & years ago & was transformed. He still meets regularly with a couple of the guys from his weekend. Kids, job changes, a house, etc. have taken up much of his time.

A few months ago he asked me about staffing: how did I do it, did I think it had been too long since his weekend for him to do it, things like that. He found a weekend that worked with his family schedule, applied to staff, and is excited.

I'm excited for him: for the growth, the unexpected challenges, for the adventure of staffing for the first time. Scratch that: staffing is an adventure *every* time. I'm also excited about what it will mean for our group, our church, our community.

If you haven't experienced The Crucible Weekend, I recommend it. If you can't understand why a man would give up a whole weekend to go serve other men, many of whom he doesn't know, without getting paid, then why not pray about it?

What might God have in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment