Monday, June 10, 2013

How to Pray Like a Man

I was reading blogs the other day & found a gem written by David Murrow.
He wrote a brilliant blog entry about the "prayer-speak" we often find in churches. Worship leaders are especially vulnerable to this affliction. When I say often, here's *how* often: I described the title of the post to a friend, who proceeded to tell me 2 of Murrow's 3 points. Busted!

While I thoroughly enjoyed his insightful writing, the part which resonated most with me was his challenge to stop using "just" in front of verbs. He's right when he says it softens the verb that follows. I'm regularly the language police, and now I have a new rule to enforce on myself, to make sure I communicate with more purpose, focus, and authority.

Here's Murrow's post

What do you think? What is your opportunity to pray more like a man?

No comments:

Post a Comment